Summer means Wimbledon and therefore strawberries! This delicious recipe is easy to make and is the perfect dessert to share with family and friends.
British Strawberry Salad with Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt
Makes 4 portions
- Fresh British Strawberries 1kg
- Greek Yogurt 250g
- Honey 40g
- Mint 10g
- Caster Sugar 40g
- White Balsamic Vinegar or Lemon Juice 25g
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- The night before planning to make this recipe remove the tops from 500g of strawberries, cut in half and freeze in a single layer on a baking tray
- Place honey and Greek yoghurt into a blender and add the frozen strawberries.
- Blend until smooth and thick.
- Transfer to a container and place in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Whilst your Strawberry yoghurt cools down for 30 minutes, remove the remaining strawberry tops and add to a mixing bowl.
- Combine caster sugar and white balsamic vinegar or lemon juice and pour over the strawberries and allow them to marinate for 30 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes to coat the strawberries in the marinade and to encourage the natural juices from the fruit to be released
- Finely shred the mint leaves and add for the remaining 20 minutes
- Place strawberries in a chilled bowl or glass.
- Scoop the frozen yoghurt on top
- Dress with reserved marinating syrup and garnish with mint
This recipe will serve 4 people with enough frozen yoghurt to add to your desserts throughout the week, add to a smoothie for that morning boost or simply be greedy and finish all at the same time!!
For the best results and a great day out with family or friends why not go to a local pick your own strawberry farm and benefit from the pick of the best fruit available. For the best results of the British strawberry season late June to the end of July. Enjoy watching the Wimbledon Finals with the dessert above and a glass of Pimms!
Benefits of strawberries
Excellent source of Vitamin C, manganese, vitamin B9 and potassium
Go back to other articles